- We have updated the website
- Created a calendar for events
- The Commodore has appointed and the board has approved Ute as Treasurer and Pam as the Secretary.
- Donation jar at the bar to help cover the cost of the entertainment.
- Pre-paid dinner tickets. This will help gauge the attendance to help with cooks in estimating how much food to have.
- More volunteer dinners and things like pot luck dinners to keep costs low. Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering or have any ideas.
- Raffles. We can sell raffle tickets and give prizes. Please let us know if you can donate items to be raffled (things like fishing or boating equipment).
- We will be joining SCYA (The Southern California Yachting Association) meetings and events. This is in the interest of getting our club more involved with other yacht clubs.
- We are working on getting a new POS (Point Of Sale) system for credit cards and cash payments.
- We will be ordering business cards for staff.
- More events like bands, comedy nights, open mic, dance nights, karaoke, seminars (fishing and boating), chili cookoffs, bloody mary bar, poker night, a country night with dance lessons, pot luck competition for best dishes. Please let us know if you have any ideas or things you would like to have at the club.
- Band promotion opportunity for events. We can have beer & alcohol, boating fishing companies come and represent their products and services at events.
Please keep in mind that during the winter months and having low member attendance the club account is getting low. All of this is an effort to raise funds to keep the club going with fun events. The clubs success is determined by member engagement. Let’s all try to attend as many events as possible.